All of the workshops are meant to cover the different aspects of biking and mechanics in easy to understand formats. All workshops offer hands-on learning because there’s no better way to learn, than to do. For mechanic workshops, our demo bikes allow the comfort of knowing there’s no time limit or safety issue with your own bike getting you home. You could have just gotten your first bike or been biking for years. All levels are welcome as we all learn from each others experiences! If you don’t know the meaning of some of the words in the descriptions of a workshop, don’t worry. All bike language, terms and names will be explained in each workshop and we always encourage asking as there is no question to small! No matter what your knowledge going into a workshop, you will bike more confidently after.
The goal of these workshops is to make you more knowledgeable about the aspect of the bike you wish to learn. You should end each workshop with the skills and understanding to confidently shop for parts, accessories or more bikes anywhere. Walk into any shop and not worry about asking for help – cause you got this!!
FIX A FLAT
CITY BIKING ESSENTIALS SERIES
- FUNDAMENTALS OF CITY BIKING
- BASIC MAINTENANCE
- TRAFFIC SCOUTS
SYSTEMS OF THE BIKE SERIES
- NEW BUILD
- ASSISTED OVERHAUL
FIX A FLAT – Goes over how to avoid flats, how to inspect the whole wheel, patching an inner tube, rear wheel removal and replacement.
CITY BIKING ESSENTIALS SERIES – Three part series covers laws and riding practices, hands-on mechanics maintenance, on-road safety maneuvers and assisted ride. Great for beginner commuters or those already riding that would like to gain a little more confidence on the road.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF CITY BIKING – Learn the rules of the road and safe riding practices. Through activities, videos and instruction find out the do’s and don’ts of city bike riding.
- BASIC MAINTENANCE – Overview and hands-0n activities adjusting and inspecting the systems of the bike. Understand how to identify small and large issues, what you can fix and what needs a professional mechanic.
- TRAFFIC SCOUTS – Practice safety maneuvers off road then go on an assisted ride around the city. Gain the skills and confidence to go everywhere on a bike!
SYSTEMS OF THE BIKE SERIES – 5 part series breaks down the bicycle into 5 different systems. Each offers hands-on mechanic learning whether you don’t know an allen wrench from a valve cap or can repair somethings on your bike but not others, these classes take you through names of parts, tools, identifying issues and making adjustments.
- FRAMES – Covers types of frames, cleaning, identifying frame damage and saddles.
- STEERING – Covers handlebars, stems, headsets, forks, adjusting and installation.
- BRAKING – Covers types, levers, cables/housing, brakes, pads adjusting and installation.
- SHIFTING – Covers types, levers, cables/housing, bottom brackets, chains, chainrings, derailleurs, adjusting and installation.
- WHEELS – Covers types, rims, tires, hubs-adjusting, spokes-truing. NO building.
CONSULTATION – Learn the exact specs of your bike, what parts and accessories (racks, water bottles) are compatible to add or upgrade. Looking to start touring with your current bike? Wanna find out how to take your child and groceries with you? Sign up for a consultation to find out all of you and your bike’s options.
BIKE BUILD – With the assistance of a professional mechanic build up or overhaul your own bicycle.
- NEW BUILD – Build up your new “out of the box” bike right. Work with a pro mechanic to not only build it up safe, but learn how to properly maintain your new bike in the process.
- ASSISTED OVERHAUL – Repair and clean up your current bike like new. Whether it’s just that time or there are a few things wrong, overhaul all the systems of your current bike with a pro mechanic.